Goodbye.

Back in June, I decided to shut down Powered by Redstone after running it for nearly five years. You can read my full post here, but the main reason for shutting it down was a lack of time.

Less than a month later, I relaunched Powered by Redstone as Redstone Central. I felt that if I could fix every problem I had with PBR, I could make it easier to maintain and write for. I moved the site over to Google Domains and Blogger, which meant I would never have to deal with the janky Wordpress hosting ever again. I worked on a new theme.

The key factor in starting Redstone Central was getting more writers. Unfortunately, everyone who was going to write for this site bailed out, meaning once again I was left to maintain the site by myself.

Additionally, you guys were not happy with the new name and site. While I personally felt that the old site was outdated, it had become well-known and liked. In changing the name and URL of the site, I lost both of those attributes.

So now is the time to say goodbye. For real.

The truth is, even if I had the time to write for this site, I just don't have an interest in Minecraft anymore. I can't tell you the last time I actually played Minecraft for more than a few minutes at a time. I enjoyed the writing aspect more than the game I was covering.

In the interest of transparency, money is also a huge factor in me shutting down Redstone Central. In the last month, Redstone Central has earned a total of $4.80. In it's heyday, Powered by Redstone was making around $5-10 per day. It doesn't make sense for me logically to continue working on Redstone Central.

The last reason I'm ending Redstone Central is that I am now a contributor at Android Police, a major tech blog centered around Android and Google. I'm now spending most of my free time writing for them, and actually writing about topics I'm interested in. I can't say the same for writing about the latest Minecraft update.

I will leave Redstone Central online for the forseeable future, but there will not be any more posts. If you are interested in what I am up to nowadays, you can follow me on Twitter and Google Plus. I also still have my personal blog, and you can click here to see all my Android Police posts.

It's been a fun ride, but all good things must come to an end.

Share this

Latest
Previous
Next Post »