Mojang announces future plans for Minecraft Pocket Edition


Hot on the heels of Minecraft Pocket Edition 0.1.3 for Android, Mojang published on their company news blog the plans for the mobile game. They said that survival mode is planned, but they will not be bringing all the features from the desktop game over for various reasons (namely, the touch interface). Several internal improvements include a new file system to get ready for mobs, more items, optimization, and cleaning up code. External improvements on the way include the ability to pick up items, crafting (finally), an inventory system, and other nifty abilities. Hit up the source link for more details.

Also, the reason I have not reviewed the game is firstly because I do not own a device capable of the game (only an iPhone 3G) and the game is simply not ready. Every review I find says little good about the game. If I can find a way to play it later in development, I'll do it.

Source: Mojang

Comments