Site changes

Lately the blog has been a mess. I really didn't expect that this blog would go from being an experiment in journalism one month ago to a blog with around 200 views a day from all around the world, posting the latest Minecraft news, mods, videos, and a ton of other stuff today. It's a mess because it's growing, but not evolving. Think of it like your grandparents using a powerful computer. It works, but not to it's full potential. The same with this blog. I designed it to be a one-author hobby blog, and it has become much more than that, but I have not improved it to handle things efficiently.

So many changes are on the horizon, but all good ones. This is not one of those good news/bad news things. You may have noticed that in the past week or so I have done some cosmetic changes, like changing the background, putting a border around videos, stuff like that. Also, I cleaned up the categories section on the right side of the site, so now you can easily find posts in a specific category. These are all the start of the changes.

So here's the changes that have not happened yet. Sometime in the near future I will replace the wimpy Google comment system with a powerful one used by many sites called DISQUS. I use it on other sites all the time, and I think it would be beneficial to bring it to Powered by Redstone. I also want to make the blog less controlled by me and get a new author or two. Lastly, I'm also planning an awesome site change that I'm not announcing until everything is ready.

So, bottom line: good changes are coming soon, and I think you will like it.

Comments