Welcome to the new site!

Wow, it's been a really long time since I talked about something other than Minecraft on here. But here I am with a bit of site news for you. When I created the site back in November 2011, I had no idea it would ever get this popular. Ever since it's creation, the site has been powered by Google's Blogger. Blogger is very nice for small blogs, like my personal blog, but not for big sites like this. As of now we only have two 'plugins' that are 3rd-party: AddThis (the +1 button you see below every post), and Disqus (the commenting system). There are many more plugins I would like to add to make the site even better, but I can't with Blogger. That's why Powered by Redstonehas moved to Wordpress.


Wordpress is an alternative blogging system that is much more powerful than Blogger. We also have a new theme that will make the site much better! I hope you enjoy the new stuff as much as I do. Diamonds to you :D

Comments

  1. I really enjoy this blog very much, it being the only Minecraft blog I read because I feel you give all the information I need. However, I feel the new blog feels too clustered. Maybe if the background was darker, and the posts had more space/displayed more it wouldn't feel so clustered. It almost gave me a headache looking at this new site. I really do enjoy your blog, but I figured I would just give you some friendly suggestions!
    -BubbaZero
    P.S. Is Wordpress free? I have been looking into it for awhile now, as I have my own blog that is gaining popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the current site is a bit more cluttered, seeing how for a small post you have to click read more. I also agree that the background should be darker, a bit more like the old Powered By Redstone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, If you were to include some pictures in the "snapshot" of the blog post, that would help organize it a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timnothy OltjenbrunsJuly 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM

    Site's looking good, Corbin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your suggestions :) After the site was down for almost a full day I decided to put it up without my custom theme. So don't worry, a new theme will come soon!


    Also, yes Wordpress is free to download. You can make a blog at https://wordpress.com/, or download it to host it yourself. Note that you will ned a MySQL database, which may or may not be a pain to set up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you mention it, I am working on modifying this theme to make it a bit like our old one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really should make the theme darker and give the posts a little more space. plus what happened to displaying photos on the homepage?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not to be rude, but if you look above, all of your suggestions we already said. And he stated he is already working on them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The navigation bar is a bit redundant if your going to have a nav bar under the logo also. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, we have work to do here at Powered by Redstone :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um... Another bug/suggestion. The comments are hard to read now, the gray mixes in with the background. Maybe making the comment text white?

    ReplyDelete
  12. And also, why are there two nav bars now? Is it like products bar and then everything else bar? :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. How much of a pain is it? I have heard about it, but would highly recommend SQLite than that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Working on it, it's a pain since the comments system doesn't support styles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment