'Digital Emeralds' plagiarizes us, made by ImmortalKingHD/welley34



What you see above is a screenshot of Digital Emeralds, a Minecraft news site I discovered a month ago. On the left of the picture is our article reviewing the adventure map 'The Forgotten Land', and on the right is the exact same article on Digital Emeralds. Digital Emeralds plagiarized us twice before I found the site, and to my disgust the site is owned by the only person who has been on Minecraft Most Wanted twice: welley34 and ImmortalKingHD (same guy, new user name). I won't go into details about why they are on that list because you can go look at the links, but recently he has tried (and failed) to crash our website. I contacted William (his real name) and asked in the kindest way I could under those circumstances to take down the articles copied from us. Said articles were about Adventure Maps and the 1.4 Command Block, both copy and pasted from our site. He did take down the articles, but when I asked why he did that he didn't respond.

More recently I have asked that he shut down or revamp the entire site, since it has the same layout, theme, and design as Powered by Redstone. He replied by calling me a bi*ch and hasn't contacted me since. For those of you who are not aware, plagiarism can be considered copyright infringement in many countries, including the US. I'm not going to sue him or anything, but I thought my readers might like to know about it. I'm not going to post a link to his blog because that would generate traffic to it, but if you really want to know you can send us an email asking for the adress.

Update: the site has been taken down, see this article.

Comments

  1. HaHa! I would try to DDoS him if i know how :D


    Anyways, gonna make a script to infinitely download site and make it run out of bandwidth... We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edit, he deleted posts.


    But i got his server IP. . . >:]
    William Biron be aware, idiot who posts his personal data online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i read the "about us" page on there and it even says he has his own "grammar natzi" just like PBR. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, and whoever it is, he's doing a terrible job. You can almost smell the bad grammar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's not hosted on his server, it's hosted on wordpress.com (which doesn't have a bandwidth limit). So you might need to try something else :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! So made-by-noob server! No noCheat, factions are bypassable and it really sucks :D


    Looking for that pixel-art to get rid of it :D


    PS: And tons of lag

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed, it's why i don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and what does it smell like? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah...it crashes every 5 seconds :( (on my computer)


    ps. if you grief, dont grief the faction "YeOldTowne" my friend owns that one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hated welley then now im friends with him i am making a video series with him

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know. Wordpress policy states that copyright could lead to indefinite removal of a blog.... *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaaaannd we have lost someone to the dark side.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh really? Might have to look into that then...

    ReplyDelete
  14. It smells like dog crap and rotten eggs....after they have been outside for 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i saw like 2 minutes of that skyblock video welley did. HIS VOICE IS SOOOO ANNOYING!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am on a tablet right now, I cannot see the comments as they are white, like the backgound.

    ReplyDelete
  17. are you the one that plays on welly's server?

    ReplyDelete
  18. sigh......He doesnt know when to give up does he? He was mad at me for talking to corbin through dynamp and almost banned me for it! I like the server that he owns but i just wish he would quit being a jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you built a theme park on that server, you can do it on another one. I can't believe I almost built a city on that place :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeah i like the server, i play on it, but i hate welley.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear, thanks for letting me know. I'll have to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. you almost built a city?

    ReplyDelete
  23. yeah i like the server, its the owner i have a problem with.

    ReplyDelete
  24. just went on the server. think i just got myself banned LAWL :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. nope. i definitely got myself banned.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How did you get banned? BTW, I haven't seen you in a while :P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

    ReplyDelete
  28. rafamsalas! i havent seen you in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i was playing and welley comes on and says "honeydew" "i saw your post about me on pbr" (exact words) and that was all i heard before i logged out cause i didnt want to deal with him in a chat battle cause the dsl in our house is down so it takes like 5 min for a chat post to go up :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think they just took down the site, not sure... hmmmmm...... not sure if I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yep, i got banned. Im not 100% sure why but i think its for the same reason honeydewmelon got banned for.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, that guy is insane now. I need to figure how to block his IP from my site so he won't read the comments :P

    ReplyDelete
  33. yep. he commented on the post about his blog being taken down too. but with his new screen name, "immortal"

    ReplyDelete
  34. lawl yeah i met a lot of people on the server before i got banned :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. MY WHOLE SERVER GOT COPIED by welley!!! my server ip: survival.diamondsurvival.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment