Small changes to site, bigger ones on the way

What's up guys? I hope you are doing good, and I have some news for you. Ever since we switched from Blogger to Wordpress as our blogging system, we have had to work out a few kinks and make some changes. A change I put into action yesterday is the new link format. Instead of long links like 'poweredbyredstone.net/new-minecraft-snapshot-has-lots-of-cool-stuff-why-is-this-so-darn-lonnggg/', they now look like 'poweredbyredstone.net/p?=20'. Pretty cool right? Well unfortunately all old links are now broken, and if you have bookmarked a page on this site you will probably need to find it again.

Another small change is that I am working on a new theme. Since we switched to Wordpress I have got lots of reader feedback on what look you like best for this website, and I listened to (or rather, read) every comment. I'm not going to make any promises on what the new theme will look like, but it will be fairly similar to the current one. Don't worry, the DISQUS commenting system is staying :p

Lastly I wanted to discuss the forums. I got a very loud 'YES' response from you guys when I asked if you wanted official Powered by Redstone forums on this site, alongside our usual blog content. Some of you were not quite as enthusiastic, asking us to stay as a blog or keep forums and the blog separated. I have determined that forums will eventually come to Powered by Redstone, but not in the near future and not in 2012.

That about sums up all the website news for now. Thanks for reading, and redstone to you!

Comments

Post a Comment