Mojang passes nine million Minecraft PC copies sold, 20 million overall

minecraftWhat do you get when you make a game about blocks and monsters? A lot of money apparently. Jens from Mojang announced on his Twitter today that Minecraft for PC has passed nine million copies sold across the world. "About 10 hours ago, Minecraft (PC) hit 9,000,000 sold copies!" That's not even the best news, because he continued with, "Which should bring the total for all platforms to... 20 million?" Let's put that into perspective, shall we? Halo 3 for the Xbox 360 has 8.1 million copies sold, Half-Life 1 has sold 9.3 million copies on the PC, and Call of Duty: Black Ops has sold 16.4 million copies for the Xbox 360. It's certainly impressive for Mojang, and for indie game development as a whole.

Source: Twitter

Comments

  1. EPIC! Go MC! Also go poweredbyredstone! I look at your website every day from when it was made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much get all my MC information from poweredbyredstone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know anything better so same

    ReplyDelete
  4. And same here xD powered by redsone is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah same here! Oh wait I work here....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Typical Adam :D I just realized I started this converstaion... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Dont Have A Minecraft How Do You Get Minecraft With No Downloads And For Free

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't, you pay for it like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment