New Author: Timnothy

Some of you might be thinking that PbR was hacked or something. While I do have the ability to hack, I respect Corbin too much to do that. But somehow he seems to have trusted me enough to let me in to Powered by Redstone, so here I am, this is my "Hello World" of PbR.  If you did not catch my reference that probably means there is a possibility you will not understand a few of the posts I will be making. I will try to write in a way that everyone can understand, even though I will be writing on the more technical side of Minecraft.

I little about me: I have owned a copy of Minecraft since beta 1.2. I have been a Bukkit plugin developer for around a year now. And I am  an indie game developer like Notch, except I do not own a multi-million dollar company, and I have nothing to show but a fancy website Corbin made and a few screenshots of games too buggy to play.

Enough about me; I look forward to writing about the technology that brings you Minecraft and its various community efforts such as mods, servers, plugins, etc.

PS: No, my name is not Timnothy, but I wish it was.

Comments

  1. Welcome to Powered by Redstone, and can I just say that I love you already! I myself have been a bukkit dev for about a year or so and I made some client mods here and there also. I have not made any indie games, but I am just so excited to see Powered by Redstone covering things that I love and know how to do well. I'm so excited to see the posts to come!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was here since 1.2.4...
    Dang, everyone is older than that,
    Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been playing since beta 1.6, but most of my gameplay was in beta 1.7, since I got it when Mojang was about to update it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you teach me to code GUI's? I self taught myself java and I can barely do anything with GUIs:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timothy OltjebrunsJune 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM

    Like MC ingame GUI's or just plain Java GUI? I have little experience with MC GUI's so don't ask me about that. But for general Java GUI try learning Swing. After you learn how Swing works, check out the NetBeans GUI builder (which uses Swing) to make nice looking GUI so you can focus on the program logic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do know how to code GUIs in swing but only the basic draw. I have tried hundreds of tuts but none seem to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timothy OltjebrunsJune 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

    PM me on Twitter and I will see if I can help you. :D @timothyolt

    ReplyDelete
  8. = 1.5.1? witch is now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have playing for maybe 1 year?

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.6.1 was just pre-released.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment