Nintendo announces new 3DS, could finally allow Minecraft to work

This morning, Nintendo announced the next generation of their popular 3DS console in Japan, simply called the new 3DS (the international name might be different). The new 3DS adds several major features to the console, including a faster processor, a new smaller joystick on the right side of the console, an enhanced screen with better viewing angles, and several smaller improvements. You can check out our friends at The Nintendo Home for detailed information in a bit.

But what does this have to do with Minecraft? Minecraft requires two controls for movement - one for walking/running and the other for turning the player's head. Most first-person games have similar controls, and with the new 3DS' right pad it's now possible for these games to be playable.

new3ds.0.0_standard_600.0

If Minecraft was released now for the 3DS, it's graphics would likely be minimal and the world size no bigger than the worlds from Pocket Edition 0.8.0. But with the new enhanced CPU, it may be possible for roughly the same performance as Minecraft on the PS Vita. The new console will be released in Japan in October, and an international release has yet to be announced.

It's all up to Nintendo, Mojang, and 4J Studios to produce Minecraft for the 3DS (or the Wii U, which has been rumored previously). And for all we know, it could already be in development.

Source: TechnoBuffalo

Comments

  1. this would mean that I have one less reason to tell my friends why I am not getting the DS to play pokemon with them :P

    This is cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. u will have 2 less reason to tell your friends why your not getting the NEW 3DS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should still get a 3DS or NEW 3DS because, like pokemon, it has some really good games on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I resisted only becuase I wasn't prepared to fork out 200 for the DS + 60 for pokemon. There aren't that many games that I would buy that would legitimise that cost over my laptop which cost only double that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I did not expect that! I'm going to email 4J about their plans for Minecraft Nintendo 3DS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm...unless I completely missed something, I didn't see a Game Boy Advance slot at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Australia unfortunately, all tech cost that little bit more

    ReplyDelete
  8. MWAHAHA I get the new 3DS FIRST :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully this is true, I've been waiting for Minecraft 3DS for ages now :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment