Minecraft Pocket Edition now available on Windows Phone 8.1

While Mojang developers claim development was underway before talks of a purchase began, it looks like Microsoft's purchase of Mojang has begun to show itself. Today marks the release of the Windows Phone port of Minecraft: Pocket Edition.

The Windows Phone version appears to be more or less exactly like the iOS and Android versions, complete with cross-platform play and running the 0.10.0 update. Minecraft: Pocket Edition requires Windows Phone 8.1, which is a bit odd considering that versiononly  began to rollout to devices fairly recently (July, but some devices still do not have the update). If you're a bit paranoid about security permissions, the game only requires an internet connection to work.

You can get the game for $6.99 at the source link below, and stay tuned to Powered by Redstone for update news.

Source: Windows Phone

Comments

  1. awesome!! finally something to shut up the haters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! When I get a new phone, this is probably what I'll get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Windows is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I am now the 28th top commenter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol good job! i think im still the #3...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I woke up this morning and I accidentally opened the Windows shop, (I have a windows phone) I noticed a minecraft icon. I had closed the shop when I realized this. At first I thought it was fake but this article seems to prove it real. I will beg my parents to get me a windows phone shop gift card :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I know. I will get there someday,...................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. […] they are simply bug-testing on more devices for the Android version, or doing all the work on the Windows Phone port. We reached out to Jens for a response, but haven't received an answer […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment