Minecraft user name changing now available, here's how to do it

The day has finally come: you can now change your Minecraft username. Mojang finally enabled the feature earlier today, and at the same time freeing up thousands of usernames that didn't haven't been used. All of this means that you can change your in-game username, and you have lots to choose from.

Here's how to do it:

  1. Login to Mojang Accounts here.

  2. On the main screen, you should see your Minecraft game on the list of 'My Games'. Next to where your username appears, click Change.

  3. Pick a username and check it's available, then re-enter your Mojang account password and you're done!


If you're worried about how this will affect servers, don't - name changing support was built into Minecraft starting with 1.7.9. All servers on that version or higher will have no problem keeping all your items and data after you change your name.

Comments

  1. Finally! Been waiting for this for almost a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed my name before you posted this XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, it isn't so great for pluginerized servers running Bukkit or Spigot, who haven't gotten plugin updates to support UUID's. I changed my name and lost everything on one server :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing i like my name in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it says don't worry about servers but after i changed mine i went on to my favorite sky block server and i had to create a new island because my old one still said it was owned by Radioactive1224 not my new username T.T D:D:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment