Poll: Do you want a guide for installing Minecraft on a Chromebook?

You may be familiar with Google's Chromebooks, super cheap and lightweight laptops (or small PCs) that can only run the Gooogle Chrome browser. This may seem useless, but when you think about everything you can do online, and consider that most Chromebooks are $100-300, it seems like a good deal. Until you realize it can't play Minecraft, because there's no Java.

Fortunately there's a way to run a copy of Linux inside of Chrome OS (the operating system Chromebooks use) called crouton, but it's a bit difficult to set up. I've done it all myself on my Dell Chromebook 11, and got Minecraft to run fairly well. I'm curious if anyone wants to know how to fully setup Minecraft on a Chromebook, step by step.

It takes a lot to write a guide like this, so I just want to know if anyone's interested. Let us know in the poll below!

http://polldaddy.com/poll/8798825/

Comments

  1. I used to have a Chromebook (It broke, repeatedly...) I did manage to get Crouton to work, but I could never get Java to install.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment