Relaunching the monthly build contest!

It's the moment you've all been waiting for! It's time to start back up the monthly build contest! Or should I say the bi-monthly build contest, as it will now run from the FIRST Sunday of the month till the NEXT Friday (in other words almost 2 weeks) and then there will be another build contest from the THIRD Sunday  of the month till, once again, the next Friday (almost 2 weeks).

Rules:

  • Please have all parts of your build be yours. Do not download someone else’s build and say you built it.

  • Please restrain from using mods if possible. I understand if you use optifine, not enough items, etc. but please do not use block altering mods, such as chisel block etc.

  • You may use ANY version of minecraft to create your build.


This rule list is not set in stone and it will probably evolve over time to fix any issues that may come up.

Anyway hope you guys are ready to get your building hats on because the first contest starts this Sunday (August 16th) and will end on Friday August 28th. By that point I should have some stuff worked out for y'all to be able to send in your builds and have finished up some cool art for the contest.

NOTE: If you see any obvious rules that need to be made, please be sure to comment them below!

Comments

  1. I'll announce it Sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it ok for Xbox 360 builds to enter? Most of my PC MC is on a server with a lot of mods, which is why I got nothing out of the last one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I first want to say that I hope that the theme will be Fishing Village again because I was not able to participate in the last build contest. Also another rule that I think is important to state is that using survival rather than creative will not earn one more "points" or "credit" as it is impossible to be sure if what is said is true especially now that even Minecraft: Pocket Edition has game mode changing implemented into the game. Good luck contestors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rule catch I'll be sure to implement it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i use MCPE 0.12.1.b9? Its the beta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at bullet point 3 of the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! I hope to be able to get some good stuff into the contest. :)


    I don't normally use the default texture pack, though. Hope that's not a problem.


    Thanks for your reply!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No I changed that rule this time around. If I find it to e a problem I'll add it back but otherwise texture packs are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!! Um what time zone Sunday morning are we talking about? Cuzz just saying... It's Sunday afternoon 1:20 right now in California :) Looking forward to a post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha sorry I posted it this morning but it ends up it was set to private! My bad should be up now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment