UK man beat the world record for longest non-stop game of Minecraft

I know I've gone into hours-long Minecraft sessions with friends before, but what about playing for 35 hours straight? That's what UK resident Joe Kelly just did to raise money for cancer research.

Kelly played the game for 35 hours, 35 minutes on a livestream to raise £1,800 for cancer research (that's $2,785 for us 'muricans). He hopes to have broken the official world record for longest Minecraft session, which is still being reviewed by Guinness World Records. The current official record-holder is Martin Fornleitner in Austria, who played for 24 hours in 2011.

"Staying awake wasn't too bad - I did the whole thing without any caffeine, there were no stimulants other than sugar and stubbornness." he told the BBC. Hopefully Kelly didn't lose any brain cells from playing that long.

Source: BBC

Comments

  1. i wish my parents would allow me to play minecraft non stop.I really wonder if all that money is going to go to charity or if he is going to pinch some of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's kind of ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOO I CAN PLAY MINECRAFT FOR 40+ HOURS WITH NO SLEEP AND COFFEE LEL

    ReplyDelete
  4. But looking at the money he got for the charity , I don't think it is ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all done via just giving, at no point does Joe see any of the money himself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the amount of time not the charity

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment