Notch doesn't miss Minecraft at all, according to recent interview


Markus Persson, better as known as Notch online, somewhat fell off the grid after leaving Mojang. With his huge payout from Microsoft's purchase of Mojang, he bought a mansion in Los Angeles, California.

Besides his Twitter account, he has rarely spoken publicly since he left Mojang - but he recently had an interview with The Escapist that shed some light on his life post-Mojang.

One of the questions he was asked was, "Do you miss Minecraft?", here is his response:
Surprisingly not at all, no. I stopped working on it quite a while before I sold the company, or maybe half a year until I decided to sell it, so it wasn't like I was working on the game. I already felt like I had passed on the torch to Jens [Bergensten]. And then when I sold it I was afraid of how I was going to move on to the next stage of my life, whatever that is. But once I signed the papers I felt immediate relief. I never set out to be an entrepreneur. I don't want to build an empire, I just want to write code. I don't feel resentful about it. Sometimes, very rarely, but I'll start the game up and go, "wow, did we build this?" (laughs)
He goes on to say that he occasionally plays the game to see what is new, but not much more than that. The rest of the questions are unrelated to Minecraft, so if you want to see the rest of the interview, click the source link below.

Source: The Escapist

Comments