Introducing the brand new, Powered By Redsone monthly build contest

Do you think you're a pretty good Minecraft builder? Want to know what others think of your skills? If so, this is for you! The "Powered By Redstone monthly build contest" (as I have named it for now) is a new event starting THIS SUNDAY! This contest will be held once a month starting on the first Sunday of each month. Wondering how it works? Then read bellow!

On the first Sunday of each month I will announce a category, which can be anything from tree houses to Rube Goldberg machines to giant costume trees and more! Then I will give you slightly less than two weeks (in this month that will be from the 1st to the 13th) to complete your build, after which, not on that Friday but the next, you can email us at poweredbyredstoneblog@gmail.com with the subject 'Build Contest', 1-4 pictures of your build and a name or username for us to give you credit with (you can also put a short description of your build if you would like, but this is optional). After I get your builds in I will judge them Saturday and Sunday. On that Sunday (the 3rd Sunday of the month) I will announce the winner!

Now you may be wondering what the prize will be if you win? Well, sadly, Corbin nor I are rich enough to provide a prize every month, but you will have a short article written on you build, bragging  rights for the rest of the month and possibly a place on a winners wall (a work in progress)!

As a side note, don't worry about forgetting if you were supposed to send in your build this Friday or next Friday or anything like that! I will be sure to make a reminder post the day beforehand to help y'all out!

Now, as this is the first time for us to do this contest, it will be slightly experimental so if next month the rules are different don't be surprised! I have put a lot of thought into this but there always could be a few flaws, so please post in the comments any questions you have about it. And don't forget to login Sunday to kickoff this cool project!

Comments

  1. What will the Wall of Winners look like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. #pumped #cool #I hope I win


    lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will basically just be a page with a list of the winners names and what category they won in. That is something Corbin is working on so I'm not exactly sure what it will look like! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, I love contests, and I am excited about! Good Luck too all entries! One question though, can it be built in PE? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great question! You can use any version of minecraft. P.S. Were you the person who emailed us about it? If so I wont bother replying to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Can't wait for the theme/category!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully none of the themes/categories will be necessarily redstone related.... Im based on PE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ill stray from doing anything redstone based if possible. If I was to pick a redstone theme it would be very rare and possibly an extra event in the 2nd half of the month just for PC/XBox players. But again that would be a rarity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this idea. But I am wondering about modded minecraft, not that I would use it, but could you use it for this contest?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I shall enter... =P =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it really would depend on the mod but for the most part I would suggest unmodded untextured minecraft just to keep it even. thanks for pointing that out tho!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If its a massive building project would u get like bonus points for doing it all on survival mode or like will it be stated which game mode we must do it on?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I could but, sadly, no for one reason: people lie.There are so many ways to lie and say you built it in survival and have done every bit of it in creative. Great idea but to many flaws I would have to work thru

    ReplyDelete
  14. Noo...I like redstone (hence my name)

    ReplyDelete
  15. yipeee !my session break is next week so I will build it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment