Microsoft announces Minecraft will become Windows/Xbox exclusive

Update: This was an April Fools joke. Please stop emailing us asking if it's real.

With Mojang becoming a subsidiary of Microsoft late last year, many wondered when some changes to the company would come about. Today Microsoft has announced that Minecraft will be exclusive to Windows and Xbox 360/One. Phill Spencer, head of the Xbox division at Microsoft, had this to say:
We are happy to announce Minecraft as a Windows and Xbox exclusive, truly becoming a Microsoft product. The game will cease to function on Mac and Linux starting May 1st, with the game being removed from PlayStation consoles on the same day. Minecraft: Pocket Edition will be removed from Android and iOS stores by May 1st as well.

They went on to say Xbox Live integration would come to the PC version, and dedicated servers would have to be moved over to the feature by June 1st. See the source link for more info.

Source: Microsoft

Comments

  1. its an april fools joke

    ReplyDelete
  2. dat can't be true. They april fooled us

    ReplyDelete
  3. *It's* an April Fools joke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
    nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scared me for a sec and I'm like: “Wait, it's April Fools Day”.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its funny... It seems many people don't check the source, when really, that's the funniest part about it! Loving how you decided to throw in the Rick Astley... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I normally never check the source but this time I was like scared scared scared so I went to the source and I literally said out loud BOOOO! I was soooo scared cause I don't have an xbox or working computer version only pocket so MAN THAT WAS SO FREAKING SCARY!!!! XDXDXD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also... Speaking of April Fools Day, it's May first so when is the next build contest???? Everyone get your creative hats on cause I'm competing again! GL!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. taylor william cableApril 1, 2015 at 9:51 PM

    The one time I check the source I get Rick rolled. I give up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a troll, imagine if people actually believed this

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! At first, I literately screamed, then realized it was an April Fools joke!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend texted me about this article. He was legit freaked out about this and he wanted to confirm that it was a fool. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Redstone TechnicianApril 2, 2015 at 8:51 AM

    This better be a April fool

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol April fool's! Even if this was true, I could still play because I have minecraft on the windows computer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. no! this is real. Rick Astley told him this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. dude...chill...its a joke! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. This better be a fool (i remember last year I freaked out over a joke as well)!!!!! If not I will rebel against Microsfot >.>

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just checked the source link.


    wELL THEN

    ReplyDelete
  19. Remember the April fools joke you did last year Corbin?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate this article.... I really fell for this. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  21. its coming the first sunday of every month, so the 5th this month. ill finish working it out tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It was an article about EA buying Mojang and making Minecraft pay-to-win, little did I know they were bought later that year xD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Scared me for a sec

    ReplyDelete
  24. […] PC Edition will be supported. Funny enough, Microsoft adding Xbox Live support to Minecraft was our April Fool's joke this […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment