Introducing the new Skin Finder, Skin Manager!

Back in 2011, I made a small tool that could fetch a Minecraft's player skin and download it - called 'Skin Finder'. It was extremely basic, but it was popular and actually helped the popularity of Powered by Redstone. Then in 2013, I rewrote it with a better-looking interface and called it Skin Finder 3. It looked cooler, but it basically did the same thing.

But times have changed, and Skin Finder has been broken for a while for two main reasons. Firstly, Mojang made a new URL format for their skins, and secondly, a new skin format was introduced in Minecraft 1.8 that carries over to Pocket Edition 0.11.0. After a while in development, I give you 'Skin Manager'!



Skin Manager allows you to open a Minecraft skin from a Minecraft username or URL. From there, you can save it to your computer, set it as your Minecraft skin, or save it to your mobile device for use with Minecraft: Pocket Edition. It's fast and easy! And best of all, it's open source on GitHub and will be getting updates in the near future to enable more features.

It still needs some work, but I think Skin Manager 1.0 is a good start. Let me know what you think in the comments, and any features I should add!

Comments

  1. A option to upload a skin file to view it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Great update to skin finder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I think you need to add is an option to see a 3D model of the skin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to see if I can add it. In the meantime, you can upload it to imgur.com and click Open from URL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! MC PE wouldn't recognize the actual PNG that I use on PC, so I loaded it here and sent it to my device via the link, saved it, and it worked. :) Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Work, I love it!
    Maybe with the 3D model add a feature to pose your 3D model and get a picture for it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it possible to load the skins of users who have changed usernames? I tried loading it with my new username, but it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I changed my username a dew months ago and it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must of been a network error. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you make a post showing us how to embed skin manager on our websites?

    ReplyDelete
  11. 有泉快充——网络充值平台

    中国移动手机话费充值http://shop68418126.taobao.com/category-383550299.htm 中国联通手机话费充值http://shop68418126.taobao.com/category-383550300.htm 中国电信手机话费充值http://shop68418126.taobao.com/category-383550301.htm 中国购物搜索联盟:http://sounion.gouwuke.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. […] Earlier this month, I announced a re-write of the widely-used tool 'Skin Finder' (developed way back in 2011), named Skin Manager. Today is the first update, and it's making a huge jump to 2.0! […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment