Microsoft Announces Minecraft for HoloLens

Yesterday at E3, Lydia Winters, Mojang's Brand Director, unveiled something huge at E3.  Lydia and a partner demonstrated the potential Minecraft has on hololens. Throughout the presentation, they use a camera that has the eyes of hololens, so that the audience can see the Minecraft world like HoloLens does. Take a look at the video below, it's pretty incredible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgakdcEzVwg

According to _Grum on reddit, the version they're using is a fork of Pocket Edition, but seeing the world manipulation and just the sheer rendering of the minecraft world with HoloLens is pretty incredible. During the video, they mention that the HoloLens can use voice commands and use some hand gestures to control the holograms. They're expected to release more about Minecraft for HoloLens during Minecon next month.

Comments

  1. The HoloLens is the coolest thing I have ever seen. I cant wait for a final release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, I think, was the best thing I saw at the Microsoft conference. That was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been wondering what Lydia Winters was supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would totally buy that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that we have holograms now! Well I guess thats ONE good thing that came from MicroSoft buyig Mojang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Director of Fun" obviously left me with some questions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow. This looks big. Very good for Minecraft, very good for Microsoft, I mean, we already have exponential growth in the community! I don't know what to call this! the rate of acceleration of the rate of growth will accelerate... how can anyone see minecraft being played in REAL 3-dimensional space and not realize that it's the best game ever? WOO! looks fun! looks fun! looks fun!
    I really hope that they make this work with PC too. the last thing we need is more versions of Minecraft. I hope that someday, they're practically identical, with computers connecting to pocket edition servers and vice-versa and this kind of thing could make that way harder than it needs to be...
    worth it though.
    I'm amazed, and I already KNEW that minecraft was awesome. Imagine the impact this would have if it were the first glimpse someone had of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello This Play ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. They were working on hololens before the kinect was a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. […] HoloLens Edition: Minecraft for HoloLens was first demonstrated at E3 2015, it's possible more details (or live demos for guests) will […]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment