Welcome to the new Powered by Redstone

It's been a while since we refreshed our site design, and today we are proud to finally show off our newest theme PBR4! The new theme is based on Wordpress's Twenty Fourteen theme, modified by us to better support larger screens and lots of tweaks.

I've worked quite a bit on the new design, and I would love to share some highlights:

  • Completely Fluid: The site works on every screen size, from a phone to a large desktop screen. The content stretches perfectly on every size.

  • Featured Posts: We have hand-picked the most important news for your enjoyment at the top of our home page, with the normal list of articles below.

  • Better media support: I've worked a lot on making media, like YouTube videos, work with the fluid design. YouTube videos now stretch to fit your screen size, just like the rest of the content. No more tiny YouTube players!

  • Minecraft Q&A: We love our Minecraft questions and answers page, and judging by how much you guys ask us questions, it seems you do too. The page has been redesigned with more color, and questions/answers are now more clear.


I'm still working on the theme, and still have some work to do for mobile devices (and the ads are acting weird again). But for now, let me know what you think in the comments!

- Corbin Davenport

EDIT: I've fixed a bug with the Future Updates (or anything else) not showing up on the sidebar, as well as a bug where advertisements in articles would change the size of the page on phones.

Comments

  1. This new design is so different from the old one! But I like it! The colors look great, but they'll take some getting used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YeA I agree

    ReplyDelete
  3. guys im prity sure hes jokeing cuz an hr ago he said the was temporary till the page was back up but i cold be wrong. corbin from me chang it back

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the temporary theme was only up until we could finish this one. The current design is the new theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... I can't say I don't like it, cause I do, but up tip it's kinda squashed. I'll send you a screenshot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. so why did u change from the old one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like it, it seems less minecrafty, but as long as the info is still there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had an issue with our server and the theme files got deleted. So the old theme is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A couple weeks ago I tried to get on PBR and it said that the URL was not found... same thing happened with your site about you

    ReplyDelete
  10. 6 upvotes! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It could have been a small outage, we do them time to time to make sure our site is secure/updated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw ok it will take time to get used to this one but itll grow on meh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Personally, this new design will take some getting used to. It feels a bit cluttered, but that may just be me. Also, the order the posts are in at the top is a slight bit confusing to me, I don't know about anybody else. Otherwise, good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment