First screenshot of custom skins in Minecraft PE revealed

The Minecraft PE team has been hard at work on the next version of Minecraft: Pocket Edition. The new update will include features such as boats, updated controls, One of the new developers, Daniel Wustenhoff, tweeted this earlier today:

https://twitter.com/darngeek/status/583592620758278145

As far as I know, this is the first time skin skin support has been shown in Minecraft PE. The feature was originally planned for the big 0.9.0 update, then delayed to 0.10.0, then delayed again. If all goes well, support for changing your user skin could finally arrive.

The screenshot also shows the ability to carry two mobs/players in a single boat, and the new boat controls using paddles. Also visible in the screenshot is fishing, also coming to 0.11.0. Maybe this should be called the "Better Late Than Never Update."

Source: Twitter

Comments

  1. Nice. I don't really play PE anymore, but it's good to know that it keeps evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really need to get back into this game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better Late Than Never is actually is good name, nice job Corbin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why can't the PC version be like this?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just need to know when it comes out know! I hope soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay me and my friends are always wanting new stuff in Minecraft

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok guys i know this is unrelated but would yall mind going to ? This is a build contest page that I want yall to put in your ideas for tomorrows category! Thanks!!!
    P.S. Ill remove this tomorrow after I get some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only have PE so.... THIS IS AN EPIC DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm just curious to know how they plan to authenticate skins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOLY WOWZA i can't WAIT for the new boat update to come out *Claps* everyone thumbs up for new features ^-^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment